Recruiting & Career Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

A "Final" draft

     I find it hard to quit revising a paper. There is always something to be done to make it better. I added a lot of things to my paper to make it a "final" copy. I was happy with how well I tied my tone, audience and quotes all together. We were suppose to write a letter to someone of our choice about an article on Wikipedia of our choice. We were also suppose to talk about Wikipedia in general and how accountable it is. I felt that my tone was strong and related well with how terrible the article I chose was. Which led to me also believing that Wikipedia in general is not a good source to go to.  
    I addressed my audience effectively throughout the entire letter. I felt that it never lost its sense of being a letter rather than an essay. I made sure to keep mentioning small hints that it was directed towards who i wanted it directed to. It was hard at first to keep it going as a letter while you are quoting specific things in the text but in the end I feel I did a good job keeping to the tone and audience.
   I feel as though I deserve at least a B+. I worked really hard on improving my paper from first draft to the final. Hopefully I will receive an A on this assignment because I feel really good about it.

2 comments:

  1. It's always a good feeling to know you worked hard on something. It also feels even better to get your deserved reward for the work, so I hope you get your A. I can relate to how you can always revise your paper more. I feel the same way with all the papers I write, I never really know where to stop because I can always add more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Eddie. it feels great when you know you worked hard on an assignment and get the grade you deserve. you talked about how accountable wikipedia is. Wikipedia is a great source of a lot of information, but i discovered recently that anyone can get onto wiki and change that information. this makes it a little less credible because you never really know if the people writing the articles are telling the 100% truth or if they're simply bending it a little.

    ReplyDelete