When I am assigned a research paper, I normally start by looking on google first just to get an idea of what I am actually looking for. It's always hard to tell what I'm really researching if I don't have a clear idea of what it really is. After that I look into books and more credible sources. When I do my first look on google, I normally don't check to make sure it is credible or anything. I'm just looking for a main idea so it's easier to narrow my search down. Then when I get deeper into the research I make sure I know that every source I use is a reliable one.
When I do simple research in order to find random things out, I never really make sure it is credible first. I just google the topic I'm curious about and usually read the first thing that come up about it. I know that the information I find first may not be the most reliable, but I am just doing it fast to find a small fact out rather than writing a paper on the topic in greater detail.
I do the same thing. I find that getting the general idea before putting a paper together really helps me. It makes me so much more effective knowing what the basic idea of the topic is.
ReplyDeleteAgain, I do the same thing. I use google every time when searching for topics or whatever.I agree with Emily too, it helps when I have a general idea on the topic helps me understand it better and give me a better idea on what to search further for.
ReplyDeleteI am one to use Google for everything as well. For any paper, assignment, even my curious interest;i start off using Google. I think Google has the answer to everything. If I didnt have Google i dont know how i would get through some essays!
ReplyDelete