Recruiting & Career Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

For my revision piece I chose to do a descriptive narrative about thanksgiving. I first got my inspiration from two in class writings I did. One was a descriptive writing about Las Vegas and the other was about my favorite meal, which I wrote about Thanksgiving. The reason I chose to combine these two writings was because I really like thanksgiving... alot, and I thought it would be really easy to make the reader feel as though they were Really there when they were reading the piece.

When we were doing peer review in class, many people wrote that it felt like they could really imagine everything I was writing and that it felt like they were there. Perfect! that is exactly what I was going for. I included details from all 5 senses which makes descriptive writing so enjoyable. I'm really happy I chose what I chose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment